Ink Objects is a simple package that lets developers with a basic understanding of C# and Unity take an object-oriented approach to writing with the widely beloved Ink language.
Build a library of objects inside the Unity Editor and export them to Ink, where you can access and modify your objects just like any other part of your Ink story.
- Custom Object Types - Start by creating your own custom object types inside of Unity using basic C# scripting.
- Populate Your Story - Build a world full of characters, props, locations, situations or whatever other "objects" you can think of.
- Export to Ink - Export your Object Library to Ink for fully native functionality from within Inky - no external functions or Ink code modifications are required.
- Object Serialization - Ink Objects take advantage of built-in Ink serialization so that your object states are saved and loaded along with the rest of the Ink story.
- Unity Runtime Objects - visualize the state of your objects with ease. Projects using the Ink/Unity Integration can access runtime object instances that reflect their current state within the Ink story.
RPG Example Project - Included is a simple example project that illustrates how Ink Objects could be used to build an RPG-like game.
Getting Started Guide - The "Getting Started With Ink Objects" guide provides step-by-step instructions to adding Ink Objects to your project.
Unity Editor (required)
Inky (highly recommended)
Ink/Unity Integration (required for Runtime package)
This project is not affiliated with Unity or Inkle.